I suggest you ...

Fix items defaulting to "bug" type and overriding configuration

For a couple of a weeks, all items in all my initiatives default to the type "bug". this is despite the fact that this type is deactivated in the features of my initiatives (I'm not building software). So my configuration is not being respected, which is an issue, and I never get to use my desired default which is a hassle.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yorick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminAlex Nuyles (Account Manager, Planbox) responded  · 

You can go into the item types and select which one you want as a default, it’s currently set to bug but you change it to something else. There is a bug that a deactivated Item Type can still be a default; which we will address.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yorick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sorry, but that is incorrect, that is the whole problem. My selecting another item type as default isn't having any meaningful effect anymore. It will appear as selected by default in the list of item types, but the one actually appearing by default on the screen is "bug", and this despite the fact:
        - I have always had that item type deactivated since I never need it in my projects
        - It has never been selected as default by me (again, I don't need it).
        If I were able to fix this simply by using the standard "select default" functionality, I wouldn't be bothering you with this :-)

• AdminAlex Nuyles (Account Manager, Planbox) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We double checked. Going forward the system does not allow a default item type to be deactivated but due to changes in data when we rolled out the default item type feature the default was set to bug for older projects. This issue will not occur in the future. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base