I suggest you ...

Dependent and Related Tasks

I'd like to be able to indicate that a task or item is dependent on one or more specific tasks or items.

It may also prove helpful to link to other related tasks in a non-dependency way.

161 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    wheelwright.techwheelwright.tech shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Teresa SwettTeresa Swett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good blog post . I loved the points . Does anyone know if my assistant can get a blank WI DoR Schedule 3K-1 version to use ?

• shane_sheltonshane_shelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second Jowsmilk Perez. Please make it to where my team members receive a notification of some sort when one of there tasks is ready to be worked on. I assume this would require dependencies. This would make Planbox the absolute greatest tool in the universe!

• Jowsmilk PerezJowsmilk Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be huge for us!!!

I know that you mentioned that you guys don't want to create no consequences between dependent tasks upon completion, but please consider adding a simple "workflow" actions, such as Task B becomes activated (previously un-clickable like they are in the "Last" tab) upon the completion of Task B, or for example send out email to User A upon completion.

Linking tasks would be good, but adding even a simple and limited workflow capability would make Planbox simply AMAZING and powerful!!!

• Joshua GreenfieldJoshua Greenfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Planbox needs a software developer (most recently employed as a Systems Analyst) who will work for cheap to work on backlog, I will work for a Canadian work visa, canned beans, Greek yogurt, and permission to sleep under my cubicle. I also accept cash.

• Jasna StefanovicJasna Stefanovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since you already have capability for multiple initiatives, you should also have dependencies available. also, there should be more collaboration features and possibly file sharing.

• PaoloPaolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely a good idea also for those like us who use the Zendesk integration as many different tickets on Zendesk may be related to one item within Planbox and you don't want to lose the link between them or between the item master and the others.

Feedback and Knowledge Base