In Planbox: Activating the Zendesk Integration
The Zendesk integration can be turned on per initiative.
You will need to change settings in Planbox and Zendesk
- Navigate to the Initiative Settings page
- Select "Integrations" from the left menu
- In the Zendesk section, check the box "Link Zendesk tickets to items"
- Once activated you must click "Setup"
- Enter your Zendesk URL and Zendesk login credentials.
In the setup, you may also choose to assign the tasks in all items created from Zendesk by default to:
- The person who created the ticket from Zendesk (by default)
- Another team member in the initiative
- Nobody (leaving the item unassigned when it’s created)
In Zendesk: Installing Planbox from the Zendesk Apps Directory
To use Planbox inside Zendesk, you must get a Planbox initiative’s API token:
- Log into your Planbox account at Planbox.com.
- Find your Initiative Token and copy it
- Log into Zendesk
- Browse the Apps Directory and install Planbox - the apps directory located in the Settings section (Settings Cog).
Please note: If you are using custom fields in Zendesk, you cannot mark them as required. The Planbox / Zendesk integration does not support required custom fields.
Fill in the following fields:
- Title: Leave it as “Planbox”, or name it after your initiative in Planbox.
- Initiative API token: Paste the API token you’ve copied from the Planbox Settings Page.