Use this format to create a new initiative and set it up. The first row in the file must be the column header names. Subsequents rows should consists of items; one per row. A row item may optionally contain tasks, on the same line. If no tasks are supplied, Planbox will automatically create one.
Import can be used to create your initiative structure. By specifying the proper columns, import can create projects and invite people to the new initiative. To create projects ensure to specify column project_name. To invite people to the new initiative, ensure to specify columns creator_email or task.resource_email.
Planbox will reconstruct iterations by looking at columns iteration_start and iteration_end. If you have past iterations, they will be reconstructed. Planbox can also construct the Current and Next iterations but it cannot recreate future iterations. Those items will be put in the Backlog.
If no iteration is found to overlap today's date, Planbox will create the Current, Next and Backlog iterations starting today. The Current and Next iterations will be set to last 2 weeks.
Column names must match supported ones listed below. Planbox will ignore columns it does not recognize.
- name: Mandatory. Short name of the item.
- description: Optional. Full description of the item.
- type: Optional. Item attribute. A list of supported types is found below. The value should be entered as lowercase.
- tags: Optional. Comma separated tag words to help you classify the item (called labels in UI).
- importance: Optional. Importance level of the item. If omitted, normal is used. Can be a number 0 to 5, or the equivalent in word:
- estimate: Optional. Number of estimate-hours to accomplish this item.
NOTE: This value is ignored if tasks are specified.
- points: Optional. Number of points assign to this item.
- value: Optional. Business value of this item.
- created_on: Optional. Date the item was created on.
- creator_name: Optional. Name of the person who created the item.
- creator_email: Optional. Email of the person who created the item.
- completed_on: Optional. Date the item was completed on.
- due_on: Optional. Due date for the item.
- project_name: Optional. Name of the project.
- iteration_num: Optional. Iteration number.
- iteration_start: Optional. Start date of the iteration.
- iteration_end: Optional. End date of the iteration.
- status: Optional. The item status: pending, inprogress, completed, delivered (verified in UI), accepted, rejected, blocked or released. If omitted, will be pending.
- task.name: Optional. A task name.
- task.description: Optional. The task description.
- task.tags: Optional. Comma separated task labels.
- task.resource_name: Optional. Must follow a task.name field. The name of the person assigned to the task.
- task.resource_email: Optional. Must follow a task.name field. Item must have a creator_email field. The email of the person assigned to the task.
If both task_resource_name and task_resource_email are omitted, the task will be left unassigned.
- task.role: Optional. A task role. Can be just the role name or role name with alias in parenthesis. For example:
Developer (dev). If omitted, role will be
- task.estimate: Optional. Must follow a task.name field. The number of estimate-hours planned to accomplish the task.
- task.duration: Optional. Must follow a task.name field. The actual number of hours taken to accomplish the task.
- task.status: Optional. Must follow a task.name field. The task status: pending or completed. if omitted, will be pending.
NOTE 1: Dates must be in formatted as
YYYY-MM-DD. For example
NOTE 2: On numbers such as estimate, Planbox will ignore any unit. For example
$245 will be converted to
NOTE 3: If for an item you specify no tasks, Planbox will automatically create one and assign to you.
NOTE 4: If you omit project_name, Planbox will automatically create one.
NOTE 5: For users of Excel on OSX (Mac), you must save the CSV as file format "Windows
Comma Separated (CSV)".
Here is an example of what a Generic file should look like:
|Assign task to unique user||A task can be assigned to only one user at a time||feature||plan,work||normal||5|
|Can't delete items||When you try deleting an item it creates another one||bug||work||normal||1|
|Document hiring procedure||document||HR||normal||2|
|Hire John Doe||His email is firstname.lastname@example.org||phone||HR||critical||1|
|Review CSS||Make sure the alignments are perfect||chore||dashboard,home||normal||5|
|Redesign the home page||pencil||home||high||10|
|Document how the filters work||document||filters||normal||5|
|Send signed contract||BizDev||normal||2|
List of supported item types
- 'Accounting' => calculator
- 'Bug' => bug
- 'Call' => phone
- 'Change Request' => paper_plane
- 'Chore' => chore
- 'Cleanup' => cleanup
- 'Comment' => comment
- 'Copyright' => copyright
- 'Copywriting' => copywriting
- 'Deal' => handshake
- 'Design' => pencil
- 'Details' => details
- 'Document' => document
- 'Epic' => epic
- 'Event' => drink
- 'Feature' => feature
- 'File' => folder
- 'Fix' => fix
- 'Gem' => gem
- 'Hot Fix' => fire
- 'Idea' => lightbulb
- 'Impediment' => impediment
- 'Junk' => junk
- 'Legal' => legal
- 'Lemon' => lemon
- 'Love' => love
- 'Lunch' => lunch
- 'Mail' => mail
- 'Meeting' => meeting
- 'Miscellaneous' => star
- 'Optimization' => optimization
- 'Payment' => dollar
- 'Photo' => photo
- 'Presentation' => slideshow
- 'Promo' => gift
- 'Quality Assurance' => checklist
- 'Release' => release
- 'Reporting' => graph
- 'Research' => search
- 'Spreadsheet' => spreadsheet
- 'Story' => story
- 'Support Ticket' => ticket
- 'Test' => test
- 'Trademark' => trademark
- 'Training' => training
- 'Unknown' => unknown
- 'Video' => video