Throughout Planbox, template initiatives are marked with a watermark so you can differentiate them from regular initiatives.A template is very much like an initiative. It contains projects and teams, iterations and items. However there are differences:
- A template does not have a history or past iterations. It has Current, Next, other future iterations, and Backlog.
- No move to history occurs. A template is still in time.
- People you invite to a template initiative or any of its projects will NOT get an email.
- Email notifications are never sent for templates. Hence you will not spam your colleagues as you create and move items around.
A template can be created from an existing initiative. Here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- Go to the Initiative Settings page of the initiative from which you want to create a template
- Select "Actions" in the left navigation menu
- Click "Create template"
- You will be asked to give a name to the template. You can then work on the new initiative template.
- Once you have created templates, you will want to create new initiatives from this template.
When a new template is created from an existing initiative, this is what happens:
- Projects and team members are duplicated. Email notifications are turned off.
- You become the owner of the initiative. That automatically makes you an administrator.
- Items from the Current, Next, futurer iterations, and Backlog are duplicated into the new template initiative.
- The Current iteration's start date is set to today. Iteration length is set to the same as the original initiative.
In a similar way, the same events occur when you create a new initiative from a template.